Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Today we continued to excavate dirt, preparing the site for construction of a house to build a kitchen. After a couple of hours most of the team moved across the road to measure, cut and tie rebar. What we are preparing for is the pillars for concrete support.
Kids from the school and surrounding area were already moving dirt when we arrived and it was not totally safe to work around them. We worked to the side and remained in a safe area as much as possible. We are all aware that is not about us.
We worked very hard and all of us are very tired, however it is refreshing to believe that we are doing the work of the Lord.
A young boy, about 10 years old, was working near me. I looked up and he was standing right in front of me, looking me in the eye and doing something with his hands. I could not understand what he wanted, so I called Andi over and she attempted to find out, but could not. A few minutes later he was in front of me again, and this time I realized that he wanted to wear my work gloves. I handed him my gloves and he picked up a shovel and started moving dirt. He would stop and hold his hands high in the air, with those gloves on, then start moving dirt again. This went on until I had to get the gloves back. This kids are starving for attention.
Cecil Trawick





No comments:

Post a Comment